NARAHINO -- Jun Iwasa (188-G-80) former player of Tokyo Apache (Japan) gave an interview:
- Why you decided to be a pro player?
A: I have always loved the game and it has always been my dream, since a kid, to be a pro player.
- What made the Narahino Chiba Seals choose the Liga Mediterranean Cup?
A: I wanted to come to this event because I would love to experience European basketball and want to learn new style of basketball. So I contacted Yasushi Okushima about the opportunity. The rest is history.
- You have played in high levels in Japan including the BJ League. Why did you decide to join a club team like the Chiba?
A; I was getting older and this was a way for me to continue traveling and experiencing new things in the game of basketball. Life is all about experiences.
- You have traveled a lot in your career. You have played in the ABA and UBA in the United States. So many Japanese players fear change. Please explain why you enjoy these challenges? Do you ever experience fear of change?
A: I like travelling because I enjoy meeting new people and learning new culture. We all experience fear but I have a mission to teach and tell my experience that I learned from other cultures. I can also teach about the mindset of others and how important trying new things to Japanese
- Which players will the Seals bring to Spain?
A: Well it Is not my choice. I agreed to play and that's all I know for now. But one thing I can promise. We will be competitive and professional.
- Thank you for your time and good luck this summer.
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
I'm busy working on my blog posts. Watch this space!